3.6.09

My birds lament.

This is a sort of ode to the composer Moondog (pictured below) and lyricist Aaron Weiss (pictured elsewhere on this blog). I have borrowed a few notions and turned them into my own.

My birds lament,
Oh, and im singing,
And im lost for words.
You were a song I could never sing,
But im trying,
And im still lost for words.
A lost cause may be more apt.
And nothing as fitting,
As you and me.
But you don’t see,
And I don’t know how I can make you.
How do you lead the blind to their sight?
And where might I find,
The words which are right?
You are a song I can never sing.
The words are written on the next page.
And you not ready to turn the leaf,
To take things to the next stage.
So im left humming,
And eager for a peak,
You leave me lost for words,
You leave me weak.
I’m full of passion these days,
And I can’t explain it,
But you created it,
And I’ll never show it.

No comments: