30.6.09

Subconscious Universe

These images are from a painting series I have been working over the past couple of days. They are images of the universe and of the balance and equilibrium found in it. They are also representative of misguidance and ill information within people’s interpretations of everything around them. The colours and shapes are evocative of not only the cosmos but of the subtleties found here on Earth. The composition, I hope, reflects the juxtaposition of our lives and effects on the planet and even greater; space or the heavens.

The photographs of this new painting series look horrible. I wish I knew a better way of capturing the paintings and doing a little justice to my work.

Subconscious Universe I – naïve

Subconscious Universe II – fickle


Subconscious Universe III – incoherent

Subconscious Universe IV – idle

No comments: