15.7.09

Darkness displaced and a calm sea.

For now I sit alone,
And I am really at a loss,
To explain how I feel.
I know my body is hot,
And the evening is humid.
But this body is not mine,
And this evening is not mine to claim.

My brain and heart are detached.
They are in limbo,
Until you return.
And I yearn, to see you!

Stuck in suspension,
As if captured in a photo.
And I know you had to go,
And I know you’ll come back,
And not everything is white and black.
But the contrast of your absence,
Holds no immediate hope.
And as such, I feel hopeless.

That week was the pinnacle of my year,
And it is clear, I am empty,
And as fragile as a shell.
These brittle bones crumble,
Like waves breaking down,
On a sand castle.

The rainy weather seems so apt,
But the sun will come when you’re done.
And while the sun will put many smiles,
On many faces,
You will put a smile on mine.

But until that day,
Until you return,
I yearn.
I am frozen,
Unanimated in a frame.
I feel warm when I read your name,
Imagine how I’ll feel,
When I see your sweet face.
Darkness displaced,
And a calm sea.

If that is what’s meant to be,
I hope so,
So be it.

No comments: