12.6.09

Honor Oak Park.

The sun always shines on Honor Oak Park.
Even now, in the dark,
Clear skies prevail,
And stars blink blessings on my head,
And the sun shines on in my memories.
What an evening!
Birds thieving spoons away,
To concealed playing fields.
New pots and plants to grow,
And yield a harvest for a summer meal.
Crunchy carrot and pepper,
Sweet pasta pie,
Not too dry. Thank god!
My misdemeanour turned out ok it seems.

Little Moke cat is all big and strong.
And playing and prancing,
And losing all balance to his head.
And instead of his usual toys,
He had new gifts and joys.
Peachy shrimp and a wicker cradle.
The deck outside,
Needs a new table.
Kentish cob apples,
And mushroom wood stand.
Not what Laura planned.
But a handsome addition,
To a charming planked yard.

And now home and I’m sad.
I wish I could have stayed,
And played.
Brockley, New Cross Gate,
The stops along my way.
Noisy passengers need to shut up!
How can I concentrate on writing,
A decent set of words,
When all I hear is
“Are you sure? Are you sure? Are you sure?!”
So I shall stop and remember,
A wonderful evening.
I shall look up at the these same stars,
Smiling down on Stillness Road.
Amen brother stars and god bless sister skies,
I’ll see you in my eyes!!
And smell the sweet scent,
Of Lauras goodbyes.
And I am at once at peace.

No comments: