18.6.09

Life is a façade.

Life is a façade,
Peace lies just beyond its walls.
And here we can meet our maker and say
“Oh God, why did you let me,
Live so long?”
Today I am pissed off with God,
But that’s ok.
People fall in and out with their friends,
All the time.

I have weaved a fine mess.
Stranded hope entwined,
With horror and despair.
And as life mirrors vulgar truths,
I am left alone.

“Put me out! I am aflame!”
I scream,
And you come, drenching my burning body,
With cool love.
And when I am recovered,
And my burns are soothed,
You move on.

Life sets me aflame again.
And laughs with the rage,
Of all spirits.
And even they cower,
Scared by life.

Life and fire are fickle,
And as I am burned,
And forests are lit up by the same torch,
They survive,
They thrive.
And this again is an example of human weakness.

If I were as a tree,
The fire would help fuel my seed.
But I, not even a man,
And defiantly not a boy.
I am cut off in limbo,
And life sees the funny side,
Of this.

No comments: